Effective Date: April 11, 2012
Purpose of Policy
This Policy is only applicable to this Website, and not to any other websites that you may be able to link to or otherwise access from this Website, each of which may have data collection and use practices and policies that differ materially from this Policy.
Information Collected by GoodTalkTnT
Anonymous Information Collected. We collect various types of non-personal, or anonymous, information from you when you visit this Website, including the following: your Internet protocol (IP) address; your browser type; your computer type and operating system; the URL of the previous website you visited; your Internet service provider; and other anonymous information about who our users are.
We use Anonymous Information to analyze the use of this Website and its services, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. We also use this information to facilitate the delivery of this Website’s services and information; to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications and how visitors use this Website; to maintain, evaluate, and optimize this Website and its features and functionality; and other activities related to the administration of this Website and your enjoyment of its features.
Personal Information. In order for you to access certain services and/or to purchase products that we offer via this Website, we may request that you provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information requested may include contact information, such as your name, mailing address, and e-mail address; financial information, such as your account or credit card number and expiration date; and demographic information, such as your zip code, age, education, and income. We collect Personal Information only when you provide it to us, by becoming a Member of GoodTalkTnT.com or utilizing some of this Website’s features.
GoodTalkTnT will not sell, rent or otherwise share your Personal Information with any third parties without your consent, except as otherwise disclosed in this Policy.
We may use your Personal Information for a number of reasons, including, but not limited to, the following: to verify your identity; to check your qualifications; to fulfill on or follow up regarding transactions initiated on this Website; to inform you of any changes to this Website; and, if you so choose, to send you additional information about the GoodTalkTnT Service and to send you newsletters and other communications requested by you.
The following is a partial list of when you may be asked to provide us with personal information.
· Member Registration. In order to use certain products and services on this Website, you must first become a GoodTalkTnT member ("Member") by providing a valid email address and a username that you create. We will use this information to identify you with your activities and preferences on this Website and enhance your use of this Website’s features. Note: If your name is easily identifiable from your email address and you are concerned about being personally identifiable, we recommend that you open new accounts with e-mail addresses that do not contain your name.
· Member Profile. When you register as a Member, the information you provide will automatically become incorporated into a Member profile on this Website. You have the option to add other information to your profile, such as your interests, organizations and affiliations, and a written statement of your life aspirations. Your profile and the information there is visible to other members of the website and you can choose to limit the visibility of any or all of your profile information by changing the privacy settings on your “edit profile” page. While we will use reasonably available means to ensure that this information is only shared with individuals that you choose, we have no control over and cannot guarantee how those individuals will treat your information.
· Purchasing Products. if you purchase a product on this Website, either from GoodTalkTnT or one of our partners and affiliates, we will collect from you information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, and email address. This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfill on the delivery of your order. If we have trouble processing your order, we will use this information to contact you. Please note that these transactions are handled by third party merchants and the information you provide in connection with the purchase will also be provided to the respective third party merchant. You should review the information on Third Party Websites, below, to help ensure the privacy of your Personal Information.
· Interactive Forums.Once you become a Member, you may post messages in message boards, blogs, and other interactive forums that may be available on this Website. Any information that you post in these forums is no longer private.
· Communications With Us. If you elect to receive a newsletter or other communication from us, we will collect your e-mail address. If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
· Tell-A-Friend.This Website contains many "Tell-A-Friend" or share this website or its content referral links to allow you to share something about GoodTalkTnT.com or your experience there with your friends and loved ones. Some of these features may require that we collect your friend’s name and e-mail address and will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit this Website. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program, and we will not solicit or contact your friends after that initial contact.
We use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to this Website. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on this Website other than cookies. Cookies help us learn which areas of this Website are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at this Website will be diminished and some features will not work as they were intended.
When GoodTalkTnT May Disclose Your Information
Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers and Online Partners. We may contract with various third parties who help us provide, maintain and improve this Website and its features. For example, we use a third party to process payments made to us, and may subcontract out production, fulfillment, analytics, reporting or other operations. We also contract with several online partners to help manage, monitor and optimize this Website and its features and to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications and how visitors use this Website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Personal Information, except for the purpose of providing the services in question. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your Personal Information.
Disclosure to Successors in Interest. In order to accommodate changes in our business, or a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by or with another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, Anonymous Information and Personal Information collected on this Website will likely be transferred as part of transaction. You will be notified via email or by a notice on this Website of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
Disclosure to Unaffiliated Third Parties.We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary, for example: to prevent or respond to an emergency; to prevent harm and protect the safety of the public or users of this Website; to respond to legal requirements; to protect or enforce the rights and policies of GoodTalkTnT, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or the users of this Website; to protect or enforce the rights of a third party; and as otherwise required or permitted by law (including, without limitation, to comply with a subpoena or court order).
Disclosure of Anonymous Information.We may disclose Anonymous Information, in aggregate form, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, customers, and others. You may not opt out of the sharing of this information.
Correcting Updating Removing Personal Information
At any time, you may review and correct or update your Personal Information collected by us by visiting your profile page at www.GoodTalkTnT.com/. From this page, you will also be able to correct, update, or deactivate your Personal Information, manage how GoodTalkTnT communicates with you, and deactivate or terminate your Membership.
Security of Your Personal Information.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. This Website has in place commercially reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information and prevent it from unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number and/or social security number on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Accordingly, while we strive to use all commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, and assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
Website Content Provided By You
Some of the content that you store, post, or transmit on or through this Website, such as postings on blogs or in forums (“Messages’), is inherently not private and considered in the public domain of this Website. When you post other content, including, without limitation, writings, text, audio and visual images, and profile information (“Content”), you may have the option to identify this Content as public, private, or open to select members of your choosing.
“Public User Content” includes both Messages and Content that you identify as public;if there is no option to select then your Content is public. We have no control over any subsequent publication, dissemination, or any other use of Public User Content. We make no promises and you should not assume that your Public User Content will be kept private.
Third Party Websites
Notice Concerning Children
Children Under Age Thirteen. This Website is a general audience Website, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children who are under thirteen (13) years of age. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children that we know to be under the age of 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of this Website is under the age of 13, we will promptly delete any personal information about that user.
Updates and Changes
We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on this Website and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on this Website. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.